Good
Afternoon fellow researchers....
I have
a really silly question. Do you members have the actual microfilms that
you refer to in this message?
How is
it that you can get them for such a long period of time. When I go to the
FHC, I only get them for a couple of weeks. They come in from SLC, I look
through them at the center using their equipment, request copies of certain
documents, then they get sent back. What am I doing wrong? Do you
have these microfilms in your possession? (wow!) Does it cost
more?
I've
been reading the posts but haven't done any research (studying for a civil
service test....), but I always like to read the entries. I'm so
lost...what's the deal with these podcast and who are the people being
interviewed? If I can't participate in the podcast, are there
transcripts? What information is being given here? Sorry about all
these questions, but after studying for that test, becoming a shop steward for
my work's union and almost going on strike, I haven't been really up on
things.
I have
lots more questions, but I feel like I'm coming off
"whiny"...sorry.
Signed
Wannabe Genealogists, Peggy Delgado
-----Original Message-----If you are using Excel then why can't it be that we all create Excel
From: ranchos@...om [mailto:ranchos@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Joseph Puentes
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:34 AM
To: ranchos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ranchos] Jonathan's Film File-was-file uploaded to ranchos
files and upload them once into the files area. It seems that asking you
to do double the work by re-entering them into the database in Ranchos
is punishment for a good deed. then again maybe I'm missing something.
Is there an advantage to this particular data base in the databases over
an excel file in the files area?
I think the only difference is that for some they won't do it unless
encouraged by Maria to participate in the one in the databases (me being
an example. . .yes I hear the message and will be working on my own
excel file sometime in the near future, but i'm so sorry to say that
truthfully I hardly get into the FHC anymore for my own personal
research and all I'll do is be a big tease by putting my films up giving
the impression I'll be able to do look ups. . .well I' might be able to
do a few, especially if Kitty or Rich or Jonathan were to ask for some).
Here is my definition of a look up though: "Providing a photocopy or
scan of a persons requested record if the researcher is provided with
the complete name (first and last) and the date of the occasion (no
approximates)."
thanks,
joseph
mexicanfhr wrote:
>Maria,
>
>I will try and use your database, when I have the chance. My
>situation is that I am using over 300 films, right now and I am just
>barely getting them, into my database. So once, that is done. I'll
>work on putting them, into your database.
>
>Jonathan
>
>
>
>